The Undermine Journal AddonWe at The Undermine Journal have partnered with our gnomish engineer brethren to produce an "addon" to bring market information direct to your everyday activities in Azeroth.
When you see any item tooltip, The Undermine Journal will display market data about that item in a box underneath the tooltip.
Once this "addon" device is installed, you'll need to update its information periodically from this site. Simply download and install a new copy for the latest data.
Realm EditionTo get information specific to your realm, including the latest market price, the item's reagent price (cost of production), the available quantity and the date when last seen, please log in using the form below.
Once you log in, you can choose the realms on which you play, and download your personal copy of the addon.
General EditionIf you prefer not to log in, and would like only the US average market price, average and standard deviation, you can find our General Edition on WoWInterface or Curse.
The General Edition version is updated about once each week.
XMLHttpRequest RequiredPlease use a browser that supports XMLHttpRequest to log in. Such browsers include Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.
Warnings and DisclaimersThis is very untested software. Those gnomish engineers are also quite untested. This addon may not work for you, it may be glitchy, it may have errors. It may be poorly written with no Lua style or finesse whatsoever. Be warned. If you don't like it for any reason, you may stop using it. Discontinue use if rash develops. Keep away from pregnant worgen.
If a tooltip doesn't show market data, and you're almost positive that it should, click the item again. Your positive thoughts may be all the encouragement that extra tooltip needs.
ThanksThanks to Tekkub for being awesome and for a tiny bit of tooltip code from Engravings.
Thanks to Matt Richard (Tem) and Ken Allan for LibExtraTip and associated libraries.
Thanks to Neikos for (obvious) inspiration in the conception and design of this addon.
"I never see any extra tooltips."
- Make sure the addon is enabled for your character.
- Make sure you selected the realm you're playing on when you downloaded the addon.
- Make sure you downloaded the addon for your region (this is the US version).
- Read the chat window as soon as you log in to the game. If the addon doesn't have data for your realm, it should print a message there.
- Disable all other addons to see if there's a conflict.
- If you still see no extra tooltips when The Undermine Journal Addon is the only addon running, please contact us with your region (US or EU), realm name and faction and a description of your problem.
"I have some other problem with this addon."
Please contact us with your region, realm name and faction and a description of your problem. We will examine the issue but we cannot promise a timely solution.
- 2.3 - July 8, 2012
- The Realm Edition now includes General Edition data. Tooltips will have additional lines for the global market stats. When loading the Realm Edition on a realm without data, it will fall back to General Edition global stats.
- Profession spell tooltips will now show market data for the item the spell creates. (Works great with Enchanting, for example.)
- 2.2 - October 17, 2011
- Added a TUJTooltip function call for other addons to query/enable/disable the tooltip additions. Works best for other market addons (Auctioneer, TSM, etc) that simply use TUJ as a data source and have their own tooltips. See this forum thread for more information.
- 2.1 - April 11, 2011
- Added support for a future "General Edition" with faction-specific prices averaged across US realms.
- 2.0.1 - April 3, 2011
- Bugfix - Some realms wouldn't have data loaded even though they were included in the import download.
- 2.0 - March 31, 2011
- Some parts rewritten to remove the copypaste update method. Just download a new version to get updated market data.
- The method to get market data from other addons has changed slightly, and no longer used LibStub. Look at the source code for an example.
- 1.1 - March 2, 2011
- No longer uses LibExtraTip, instead pushes extra lines in with standard Blizzard tooltip API. The tooltips aren't as pretty as before, but they should work better with TradeSkillMaster and other addons.
- Registers itself with LibStub and provides a MarketInfo function so other pricing addons can query this database. See top of source code for info and small example.
- 1.0 - February 14, 2011